Teacher Application Procedures for Permanent and LTO Positions
The Board now accepts new teacher applications through the ApplytoEducation website (www.applytoeducation.com). Teachers wishing to apply for Permanent and Long-term Occasional teaching positions, must submit applications through ApplytoEducation. Applications received by fax, email, or mail, directly to the Human Resources department will not be processed.
If you are not currently a permanent teacher with the CDSBEO, please submit your complete Application Package for any posted opportunities through the ApplytoEducation website. A complete Application Package consists of the following documentation:
- pastoral letter of reference dated within the last 12 months, or completed Priest Reference Form (available under Resource Downloads)
- copy of valid Certificate of Qualification from the Ontario College of Teachers
- two professional letters of reference
- copies of teaching evaluation reports
- copies of University transcripts
- criminal background check with vulnerable sector screening
We encourage you to sign up for the JOB ALERT feature on ApplytoEducation. Teachers can sign up for free and will be notified via email that a job has been posted by our Board.
If you are currently a permanent teacher with the CDSBEO, please submit the following documents to the Human Resources department to apply for a posted teaching position:
- A letter of interest stating your wish to be considered for a posted teaching position
- A copy of valid Certificate of Qualification from the Ontario College of Teachers