Community Planning and Partnerships
On October 20, 2015 the Board of Trustees approved a new Community Planning and Partnership policy to reflect amendments to the Ministry of Education guideline on facility partnerships issued in March 2015. The main purpose of the guideline is to encourage school boards to work with community partners to share facilities for the benefit of the boards, students and the community, and to optimize the use of public assets owned by school boards. The operation of these facility partnerships will occur during school hours.
Community consultation on Community Partnerships will be held on an annual basis or before the announcement of a Pupil Accommodation Review. This consultation will be an opportunity for the Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario to exchange information with interested facility partners regarding available spaces and/or potential co-build projects and community needs. A list of potential partnership sites will also be available for discussion at the consultation meeting.
To view our policy and procedures for the Community Planning and Partnership initiative, please visit the documents posted under Links.
The community partnership is expected to:
- Be consistent with the vision, mission, and values of the Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario
- Protect the health and safety of students and staff
- Be consistent with the Board’s student achievement strategy
- Be appropriate for the school/board setting
- Provide services for children, their families, and the broader community
- Add value to the educational experience of students
- Not interfere with school/board operations and activities
- Not be a competing educational interest to the Board
- Exist on a cost-recovery basis to the Board, at minimum
The community partner must:
- Provide financial statements showing financial viability of their organization
- Agree to operate in accordance with Board policies, procedures and protocols
- Be willing to enter into a lease, license, or joint-use/partnership agreement
- Agree that all staff working within the school complete a criminal background check
Preference will be given to partnerships that support student achievement and well-being.
Next Community Planning and Partnerships meeting:
To attend, please register via email to:
For more information please contact:
Bonnie Norton, Superintendent of Business
613.258.7757 or 1.800.443.4562 ext. 212