Host an International Student
Do you live in Eastern Ontario near Brockville, Clarence-Rockland, Carleton Place, Cornwall, Perth or Smiths Falls area?
Do you have spare bedroom or bedrooms at home?
Are you interested in getting some compensation while hosting an international student?
MLI Homestay is eager to meet new, enthusiastic families in the area of the Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario to host our international high school students arriving in February 2022.
Join MLI Homestay for a live info night on zoom on November 22 at 7:00pm.
Register in advance for this meeting here.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Why become a homestay family?
Your family will be able to participate in an unforgettable experience by becoming a host family.
- Experience a deep cultural exchange and an educational enrichment for your own family, especially now when our opportunities for travelling abroad are limited
- Our eager, young students bring with them an infectious enthusiasm for Canada that can truly lift spirits across a community
- Build strong, lifelong personal connections in other countries
- Graciously welcoming promising young students can support local tourism and put small communities on the map!
International students are looking forward to experiencing life in Canada and being welcomed into your home. During their stay, host families are asked to provide:
- A warm, caring environment
- An English only (for ESL students) or French only (for FSL students) environment
- A comfortable private bedroom. In some cases 2 students from the same program will be allowed to stay in the same room if 2 beds are available
- 3 nutritious meals a day and healthy snacks
- Support and guidance for the student as they get used to the community
- Access to a washroom and laundry facilities
- An invitation to join in the family life and daily activities