Educating and Inspiring… heart, mind, body, and soul!

Direction of School Support

By registering your child into a Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario school, you have chosen to support Catholic education through direction of your school support.

When you designate yourself as an English Separate School Supporter, you help foster a strong political voice through your elected representative (Trustee), in ensuring your rights to a Catholic education in our province. To verify that you are registered as an English separate school supporter, check the assessment section of your tax bill or Property Assessment Notice. To register or change your direction of school support, contact 613-258-7757.

A Separate School Lease Agreement is an additional document, required by the government, which allows people, jointly responsible for the payment of property taxes, either directly through ownership or indirectly through the payment of rent, one of whom is non-Catholic, to direct school support to the Catholic system.

Both of the forms posted on this page should be completed and forwarded to your child’s school, if you have not directed your tax support to English separate schools.

All Catholics are eligible to support Catholic education

School support direction should be made even if you don’t have children currently attending school. It is an investment in our future and all Catholic ratepayers are partners with Catholic educators in this investment.

Have you moved?

Even if you have been an English Separate supporter in the past, the designation does not follow you when you relocate. Every time you move, it is essential that you re-declare yourself as a Catholic school supporter.

Additional Resources