Brockville Area Students Recognized with Bravo Breakfast Awards
The Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario celebrated the second of four area Bravo Breakfast Awards this morning at St. Mary CHS, recognizing students from the Brockville area schools with the prestigious award. One student from each elementary and secondary school is chosen to receive this award annually, which acknowledges the unsung heroes within CDSBEO Catholic schools.
Director of Education, Wm. J. Gartland, began the tradition of honouring these remarkable achievers seven years ago. “Each of the young people here has been selected by their individual school communities for their special contribution,” explained Mr. Gartland. “You have made a difference in the lives of those around you, and you have put others ahead of yourselves in many circumstances. Each of you represents what we hope all of our students aspire to do and be.”
Also in attendance was Board Chair Brent Laton (Grenville County and Elizabethtown-Kitley Township), and Robin Reil (City of Brockville, Town of Smiths Falls, and Leeds County).
The following students were recognized at the April 14th Bravo Breakfast:
- Johnathon-James Fraser, Grade 6, J.L. Jordan Catholic School
- Ava Kilpatrick, Grade 6, St. Francis Xavier Catholic School
- Elisabeth Lavalee, Grade 5, St. John Bosco Catholic School
- Trinity Cook, Grade 7, St. Joseph Catholic School, Gananoque
- Abegail Johnston, Grade 7, St. Joseph Catholic School, Toledo
- Julia Duda, Grade 8, St. Mark Catholic School
- Paola Bandal, Grade 8, St. Mary Catholic High School
- Nikita Chartrand, Grade 11, St. Mary Catholic High School